Our Building

Restoration Works 2019
Project part funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development.
The Mansion House is a Grade II* listed building. It was built about 1750 by the Louth Old Corporation as the Assembly Rooms, and it became the centre of civic life for the gentry. From 1853 until 1956 it was the Louth Mechanics’ Institute – Mechanics’ Institutes were educational establishments aimed towards working men.
From 1956 ownership was transferred from the Mechanics Institute to the Louth Naturalists Antiquarian and Literary Society, locally known as the “Ants and Nats”.
 
During the second half of the twentieth century, the Mansion House was established as the Louth Public Reading Room and Library until the late 1980’s. It was subsequently used as a storage facility.
 
Andrew Leonard, a local businessman, secured a Lindsey Action Zone LEADER grant in 2018, to help with the sympathetic restoration and conversion of the building into a restaurant. This has secured future use and access to the Mansion House for the benefit of visitors to Louth and its residents, restoring its position as the place to be in the heart of the Louth. 

Gallery

A collection of images to show some of the restoration the building has gone through to become the restaurant it is today.

Plan to join us?

Booking is not essential, but is however preferred, especially for larger numbers. You can book a
table by giving us a call on 01507 611611,
or alternatively walk in on the day.

OPENING HOURS

LUNCH
Wednesday – Saturday: 10am – 3pm
EVENING MEALS
Saturday: 7pm – 9pm
SUNDAY LUNCH
Sunday: 12pm – 2pm